Monday, July 20, 2009

Chris Brown: "I Wooda Said Sumpin', But For My Lawyer."

Pugilistic pop star Chris Brown today finally broke his silence about his beating of Rihanna.

"Since February my attorney has advised me not to speak out even though ever since the incident I wanted to publicly express my deepest regret and accept full responsibility. I felt it was time you hear directly from me that I am sorry."

His attorney previously didn't want him to say he was sorry?

Aren't young hip-hop stars supposed to be independent, "Get outta my face" types of individuals? Isn't this their entire appeal? So why is Chris Brown suddenly listening to his tie-wearing attorney?

Even Bernie Madoff ignored his attorneys. (Madoff's lawyers advised him to implicate others, but he didn't.)

Could it be that Bernie Madoff, an old Jewish financier, lives life with more recklessness than Chris Brown, a young black hip-hop artist? Why are we downloading this guy's music, YOA?* (*Youth of America)?

When a guy like Brown tells us he kept his mouth shut under advice from his lawyer, what kind of street cred does he have?

Is he going to stop cussing because his preacher told him to? Will he stop jaywalking for fear of a citizens arrest? Is he going to tuck in his shirt and wear a tie so he can have lunch at the country club?

Why does he want us to believe he's such an obedient kind of guy? This guy is all, "I'll smack you" with Rihanna, but with his attorney, he's all, "Yes, sir. Whatever you say, sir." If he's so sorry, we didn't he beat up his lawyer for not letting him apologize?

Brown is a weak, weak child of a man. Madoff is more honorable. At least he's doing his time.

No comments: